Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Like a Show on Animal Planet...

"Here we have the common Couch Sloth. Watch while she sits on the shiny black leather and tap away at her lap top. Oh, wait, she is getting up to get her offspring and glass of ice water and a sandwich. Now, she sits back down upon the comfy cushion..."

So I got myself a pedometer and just out of morbid curiosity I have worn it today just to see how much walking I do in a normal day. I have been up since 7am and as of right this moment (approx. 1:30pm) I have a tally of *drum roll please* 793 steps. The recommend amount of walking to stay fit is 10,000 steps a day. At the rate I am going, and I could be wrong, but I don't think I'm going to make it. This evening I will give a grand total. Anyone want to make a guess? For fun I will post my total for the next few days. Maybe the sheer mortification of how little I move will give me the motivation I need to get in a habit. I am an anti-exerciser. Truly, I do not get joggers/runners and I live with one. I have never in my life experienced runner's high. I've experienced runner's pain, runner's tired, and runner's omg I can't breathe, but not the high. I'll tell you, if it were not for good genes (thank you so much mom) I'm sure I'd be one of those people Richard Simmons would come visit. So, does anyone else want to join me in counting their steps?

*edited grand 9/10/08 total 4931*

*edited again 9/11/08 total of 7904 (getting closer)*

1 comment:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I just bought a pedometer, perhaps I will try it tomorrow! I'll let you know how I do. :)