Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...All Over My Floor...

Dave hauled the two large Rubbermaid containers of Christmas decorations/tree up from the basement Monday night. I am 3/4 of the way done with the indoor decorations, which means the two very large Rubbermaid containers are still sitting in my living room. The tree is fully assembled and decorated and the mantel has been Christmased up. What is left inside is to wrap the banister with greenery and ribbons, decorate the kitchen with greenery, ribbon, and lights and make a wreath and hang it up. Oh yeah and plug in what I like to call my Corona Christmas tree. (you've seen the commercial) Then it is off to the great (frozen) outdoors to wrap the house in greenery, ribbons, lights and hang multiple wreaths. Every year I think how smart those that leave their lights up year round are as my fingers freeze and break off. But when it is all done, and the boxes are put away, I always love how pretty and festive the house looks. Now if I could only find a less realistic artificial tree, one that does not leave "needles" all over the place.

No comments: