Thursday, March 12, 2009

Look! We're Vandals...

A few days ago spring was teasing us with a taste of warm sunny weather. Being that we are suffering from last days of winter cabin fever, we loaded up our kids and headed out for a hike at a nature preserve near us. This particular area has cliff carvings done by ancient Native Americans. There were pictures of men hunting deer and buffalo. There was also some carvings of horses, a dragonfly, and a bird that resembled an ostrich. There were signs warning against defacing the cliffs punishable by hefty fines. And then I caught my son Eddie standing near this.




Busted?


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

* Just so the FBI doesn't raid our house to take my oldest away, the cliff was like that when we got there.

22 comments:

Wayne said...

lol truly busted. I love it very funny.

great photo friday

Chris said...

Plead the 5th Eddie!!

Cecily R said...

HAHA! Eddie, don't let them make you confess!!!

I wish I could find a cliff that already had MY name etched into it...probably not though. Unless I do it myself that is. :)

tiarastantrums said...

too funny!!! did he notice it right off?

Juliana said...

great shot

My entry for PSF this week : in HERE. Hope you have time to visit . Thanks

kayerj said...

coincidence . . . ?

Janet said...

LOL....so busted.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Like your blog and funny post and photo! I'll be back.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

lol!! It sounds like fun but the last photo is really cool. I nice photo to frame and hang!

Anonymous said...

That's a very nice picture. I love it!
Eddie does look sorta suspicious though...but no. Couldn't be.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That's funny...totally caught!

Good thing you put up that sidenote!

Holly said...

Haha! Edward must be a very ancient name!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Cute!

Unknown said...

Good job making him look guilty. :) It always makes me sad when we come across things like this in places that are supposed to be preserved.

imbeingheldhostage said...

I don't think so, I'm sure there were lots of ancient Native Americans named Edward :-)

Elle said...

oh my - Don't you think there are alot of Edwards that visit the cliffs - lol

tommie said...

How funny! Busted!

Thanks for visiting my PSF.

Anonymous said...

Came to return the visit, hank you and for the lovely things you said abut my graffiti...then how strange to see the pictures of Indian graffiti on your latest post. What is it that makes us want to leave or mark on things. luckily I have photos 'cos mine would never last as long as these.

As for doing it for a living, I'm afraid I never believed I had more than average talent...now I am 75 and a bit stiff limbed, so...too late I'm afraid. Here's the lesson then...if you have a talent...have a go.

Verification word is:flings.

Have a fling....

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Oh no! Definitely good for a laugh :o)

Honey Mommy said...

Coincidence, I think not!

CC said...

Run away, run away!

Jenni said...

I'll never tell...