Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thank God For The DVR...

Is anyone else ready for the election to be over? Does anyone else feel like it is particularly ugly this time? Maybe it is always ugly and we just have four years to forget about it. Between the debates, television and radio news shows, web sites, verbal sniping between the two sides and yard sign wars (personal pet peeve of mine-really does a sign saying vote for ____ really sway someone?) I just can't wait till November 10th (gotta give it the extra days to clear up all the whining and recounts by the losing side and all the high-fives, in-your-face talk from the winning side). But one thing I've noticed this year, I haven't had to sit through a single commercial saying McCain eats babies or Obama is the Anti-Christ. How did I manage this? After all I have a list of must see shows. Well for the past year we've owned a dvr, and I have to say I didn't think I could love it more. I mean really, I thought it was wonderful that I could watch a show like Lost after the kids went to bed so I wasn't interrupted five thousand times. Anyone who watches Lost knows you must not be disturbed or you'll miss something important. But this past month I've noticed something great. I get to fast forward through the commercials, all of them, even the irritating political ones.

No comments: